We finally got a chance to take the kids and some of our friends from Utah to Grand Haven and enjoy Lake Michigan. It was such a fun trip; we really had the best time. It was educational too!
What we learned
1. A two hour drive is the perfect length for a road trip involving a 1, 2, and 3 year old.
2. Ida prefers peeing in the grass in her own back yard and not a random field.
3. Lake Michigan waves can be a little scary.
4. We LOVE the sand. We love, love, love it. We like to throw it, eat it, crawl in it, dig it, roll in it, kick it, pile it on our little friends, and shovel it into anything resembling a container.:)
5. Ida pees a lot.
6. Adults love the Wiggles too!
All packed up and ready to go. Did anyone forget anything? The only reason I ask is because we turned around three times before picking up the Sitteruds. Swimsuits are important, right?
The sand is so cool. Ida walked around on all fours for a majority of the time we were there. I don't know why, and every time I asked she just laughed.
Walking to the pier. Yep, that's it.......way over there. Ida, please don't do your bear crawl, please don't do your bear crawl, please don't do your bear crawl, please don't.........
We thought the kids might be a little nervous to walk on the pier and we were TOTALLY wrong. They loved it!
We stopped to take a break during our hike back from the pier. Nothing like sittin' on a hot rock.
Ida bummin' a ride back.
I love this picture!
Ida didn't mind eating the sand.
Porter bravin' the sea.
Ida "bravin'" the sea. That's about as close as she would get.